Your Wedding Week To-Do List
No matter how organised you are, the last few days before your wedding will be hectic and busy. There’s an awful lot to remember and if your celebration isn’t taking place locally, there are travel arrangements to contend with too.
Before the panic begins to set in and you consider eloping instead, work your way through our wedding week to-do list. You’ll soon have everything under control!
Here’s what you should be doing in the final week before your wedding…
- Test drive the full look. Try on your entire wedding outfit and make sure you’re happy. Double-check you’ve got every accessory you need and purchase any last-minute back-ups. Spare stockings or tights are never a bad idea!
- Break in your shoes. You don’t want a pesky blister ruining your day.
- Carry out any last-minute grooming. Don’t forget your mani/pedi!
- Make sure the bridal party has everything they need including appropriate underwear, shoes and accessories.
- Check in with your suppliers and make sure everyone is on the same page. If you have a wedding planner or co-ordinator, you can delegate this task to them.
- Chase outstanding RSVPs and finalise the guest list/seating plan.
- If you’re jetting off straight after the big day, confirm your honeymoon logistics and pack your bags.
- Make any final payments and organise any cash you might need for the day itself.
- Delegate key tasks like setting up décor, collecting hire items etc.
- Ensure everyone knows what they’re doing and when, both in the run-up to the wedding and on the day.
- Double-check your materials and supplies, especially printed items and venue décor.
- If you have early access or storage on site, drop off key items at your wedding venue.
- Finalise gifts for the bridal party.
- Write your partner a note and organise any treats or surprises for the morning of the wedding.
- Pack an emergency kit. Don’t forget painkillers, hair grips, deodorant or a sewing kit.
- Practice your vows out loud.
- Check the weather, but not obsessively. If parts of your day are scheduled to take place outside, ensure you have a back-up plan if the heavens do decide to open.
- Relax and breathe. Take care of yourself. Try to eat well, sleep well and drink lots of water.
Until next time,
Read more of our wedding planning tips