If you’re getting married next spring, your wedding is now 4-6 months away. It’s an exciting time, but there’s also plenty to do. Luckily, winter’s long, dark evenings are perfect for ploughing through wedmin, especially with a mince pie and mulled wine in hand! Before you know it, spring will have sprung and you’ll be making your way down the aisle!
Organising a wedding can feel seriously overwhelming, so today I’m sharing a quick winter checklist that’s guaranteed to make your life easier. Tick a few of these off before Christmas, and you’ll be right on schedule.
1. Choose your bridesmaids dresses. Don’t forget the accessories!
2. Shop for your groom’s suit.
3. Organise wedding transport.
4. Meet with a florist to discuss your options.
5. Decide on prayers, readings, hymns and music for your ceremony.
6. Choose and order your wedding invitations and stationery.
7. Start gathering addresses for your guest list.
8. Create a spreadsheet for RSVPs.
9. Organise the legal bit. For most marriages or civil partnerships, you must give at least 28 full days’ notice at your local registry office.
10. If you need a passport for your honeymoon, now’s the time to order it. Same goes for travel vaccinations.
1. Send invitations to guests.
2. Order your wedding rings.
3. Rent formalwear for your groomsmen/ushers.
4. Attend dress fittings.
5. Organise gifts for parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen/ushers and each other.
6. Book your hair and makeup trial.
There will be lots more to do in the final few weeks before your wedding, but if you work through some of these now, you’ll definitely lighten the load!
If you love a to-do list as much as I do, don’t miss my Post-Wedding Checklist.
Until next time,
Photo credit: Matt Parry Photography
If you would like help with your wedding plans, please get in touch to book a complimentary consultation.