How to Pack Like a Pro for Your Honeymoon in The Caribbean
One of the many exciting aspects of planning your dream wedding is booking the honeymoon. So if you have your sights set on somewhere warm and sunny (and who could blame you!), have you thought about what you'll need to pack for the perfect balance of relaxed, comfortable but stylish?
It's tempting to pack everything you own to cover every eventuality but that's not very practical, especially given the standard baggage allowance. To give you some expert advice, here's styling and beauty consultant Georgie Steeples with a capsule wardrobe that would be perfect for a honeymoon in Barbados (of course, other fabulous Caribbean islands are available!)
Packing for any holiday can often be a daunting task, so packing for your honeymoon is no exception. To help you look great on your first holiday as a “Mrs”, I thought I would put together a few of my pro packing tips:
- Research your destination and know things like the daily high and low temperatures and humidity levels – this can help with so many fashion and beauty choices.
- Plan out a basic itinerary so you know if you will be exploring or spending your days laying on the beach as this will affect the oufits you take.
- Check if your hotel room has an iron or a washing/pressing service.
- Pack a capsule collection of items that work well together. The example above shows key pieces that mix and match well together to create a variety of different looks saving you space and time.
- Take a picture of your outfits so you have your very own lookbook to refer to.
- Have fun with your makeup. Adding a bright lip colour can change the overall effect of a simple outfit.
- Plan your airport outfit – think chic and comfortable. Take a large scarf that can double up as a pillow or blanket to keep you warm during the flight.
- Use accessories to add interest to a simple look. Pack jewellery in a pillbox to keep it organised and stop it from getting tangled.
- Turn any jackets inside out to prevent them from getting creased or dirty.
- Pack clothes inside and around a hat to help it keep it’s shape. A hat is a necessity on a warm holiday and they look great too!
Thank you Georgie!
You can find out more about Georgie's style and beauty consultancy over on her website here.
Looking for more wedding planning tips?
Valerie on Google+