Meet the Planner
Hi I'm Val and I'm the Creative Director and Planner behind Benessamy. As part of our 6th Birthday celebrations, I thought I'd share a few factoids about me:
- My parents are from the beautiful Caribbean Island of Barbados.
- I'm part of a HUGE family that spans across the UK, the Caribbean and the US
- When I was little I wanted to be a nurse like my mum, until I discovered I was squeamish!
- I'm a MASSIVE fan of the Smiths something that I've not been able to shake since my teens!
- I cry whenever I watch DIY SOS
- Current favourite film: The Pursuit of Happiness
- I'm a recovering soapaholic having weaned myself off watching TV soaps!
- I'm multi lingual - I can speak Yorkshire, Bajan and London, fluently!
- My husband proposed to me in a little place in Cornwall called Ding Dong!
- I was married by a female vicar in 1994 and our wedding was her very first wedding.
- I'm the mother of a 21 year old creative fashionista (Jessamy) and an 18 year old power athlete (Ben) both with more determination and drive than you can shake a stick at! The name ‘Benessamy' is a combination of their names. They are my daily inspiration and definitely keep me focused and on my toes!
- Current Favourite Book: Abundance Now by Lisa Nichols
- All time favourite book: Captain Corellis Mandolin
- Current Favourite Perfume: Earl Grey and Cucumber by Jo Malone
- I met my husband almost 30 years ago at nurses night at the Irish Club in Nottingham and neither of us are Irish or nurses!
- Hair styles - I've had a few!
- Chocolate or Cheese? - That's a tough one! I have a sweet tooth but I have a cheeseboard weakness too!
- Two of my favourite quotations:
For the more ('official') facts about me...) head over to our About page.
Until next time,
Top image credit: Christopher Terry Photography
Want to find out more about our award winning wedding planning services?
Read what our clients say about our services
Please get in touch to book a Complimentary Consultation